Last Updated: March 5, 2020
As a part of Solstice’s work to put affordable clean energy within reach of every American, we engage with communities to spread the word about community solar. To reward the individuals and organizations having these conversations, Solstice has created an ambassador program that pays individuals whose actions lead to other individuals subscribing to a community solar project.
Note that your participation in this program does not entitle you to assume or create any obligation or responsibility, express or implied, on behalf of, or in the name of, Solstice, or to bind Solstice in any manner. You are not an agent or employee of Solstice.
The rules for this program are below. Solstice may modify these terms at any time. By participating in the ambassador program (i.e. by making a referral to us, or by taking any action consistent with trying to source referrals for us), you agree to these Solstice Ambassador Program Terms, and each time you participate or take such an action, you accept these terms in their then-current form.
1. By participating in the program, you consent to delivery of all program-related notices and information by email or phone (to the extent you have provided either to Solstice).
2. Individuals 18 or over and organizations are able to participate in the program. Solstice may require you to provide information and documentation as a pre-qualification for participation in this program, in Solstice’s sole discretion.
3. By providing us with the contact information of any potential account owner, you represent and warrant to us that you have secured the required consent from that individual or organization to provide such information to us, and that we have that individual’s or organization’s permission to reach out regarding Solstice. You will indemnify us from any costs or losses we suffer as a result of your breach of the prior sentence.
4. Other than with respect to materials provided to you in connection with your participation in the program, you are not entitled you to use any trademarks, copyrighted materials, patents, names, logos or other intellectual property owned or licensed by us or our affiliates.
5. We may establish incentives for different community solar projects from time to time, and we will list those incentives on our website or will otherwise make such a list available to you. Incentives may be payable through checks or other means of transferring value (such as prepaid debit cards or gift cards), in our sole discretion.
6. We may pay you the then-applicable incentive for any new account opened with us that meets all of the following criteria:
a. You referred the account owner to us before we received any other referral to that account owner, and before we had any independent knowledge of that account owner;
b. The account owner successfully completed our enrollment process and opened an account with us within one month of the date on which you referred the account owner to us; and
c. If you did not refer the account owner using a tracking link or other method that allows us to independently verify the connection between your referral and that account owner’s interest in Solstice (e.g. if you told the account owner about us, and the account owner reached out on his or her own), the account owner clearly indicated to us, during the enrollment process, that you were the first person or organization to refer them to us.
However, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to refuse to pay out any incentive, or to ban individuals or organizations from this program altogether.
8. If you are an individual or for-profit organization, and you will earn $600 or more in incentives, Solstice will require a W-9 from you before any referral incentives that would break that $600 threshold are processed. Unless and until you submit a W-9 when required, we will not issue any further incentives to you, even if the applicable referrals would otherwise qualify.
9. For nonprofit participants:
a. Referral incentives may be issued in the form of a donation.
b. Before issuing any incentive to you, and in addition to the contact information Solstice may have already solicited from you, Solstice may require that the organization submit documentation confirming the organization’s status as a nonprofit and its good standing in relevant jurisdictions.
c. After a donation is made, you must provide a confirmation letter confirming the amount donated, the date the donation was received, and confirming that the amount was a charitable contribution that will be used in furtherance of the organization’s charitable purpose.
d. If Solstice does not receive any of the above requested documentation within thirty (30) days after requesting it, Solstice may refuse to issue further incentives to the organization, whether as donations or otherwise.
10. Unless otherwise noted, Solstice will only send incentives directly to the referring individual or entity. Solstice will not issue incentives to third party individuals and organizations on behalf of the program participant who earned the referral.
11. This program is made available on an “as is” basis. We make no warranty of any kind to you regarding this program or our products or services. We have no liability to you of any kind, with respect to any damage, under any legal theory.
12. Solstice is not liable for any harm to program participants resulting from participation in Solstice’s ambassador program. Individuals and organizations assume all risk and liability for their conduct in participating in this program.
Contact Us. If you have any questions about these Terms, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.